NUC BIOS – Power Button Menu Update
The Power Button Menu Update allows you to update the system BIOS during the start process and before the operating system loads.
- Download the Recovery BIOS (.bio) file. Example:
- Copy the *.bio file to a USB device.
- Plug the USB device into a USB port of the Intel NUC when it’s turned off (not in Hibernate or Sleep mode).
- Press the power button and hold it down for three seconds, then release it before the 4-second shutdown override. The Power Button Menu appears. (Options on the menu can vary, depending on the Intel NUC model.)
- Press F7 to start the update.
- Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete.
- The computer will either turn off when the update is complete, or it will prompt you to turn it off.
- Remove the USB device.
- Restart the computer.