Server Firmware Update
Here are the FW update instructions if we need them.
Step 2 : Firmware update
Download and extract the files to a FAT32 formatted flash.
Here are the steps to update the firmware.
When selecting the drive don’t forget the colon when you type fs0: or you won’t be able to select the drive.
- Plug that USB drive into your server
- Reboot the server and bring up the boot menu by tapping F6
- Select Internal EFI Shell
- For Windows – at the prompt, type in fs0:
- Navigate to the root of the folder. This shell uses the same commands as Command Prompt (essentially).
- Once you are in the root, type in startup.nsh
- The update should start
- Half way through there will be a 1-5 option pop up. Select 3 and N for the following questions
- The flash will continue and prompt for a reboot when its done
- Reboot the server normally