Check out ByteSpeed’s 2023/2024 E-Rate Guide featuring tips for getting the most out of your funding.
THE LATEST E-RATE NEWS & UPDATES:
- Bus Wireless, Data Plan, and Installation – Clarification coming soon
- There is an updated eligible services list for FY2023, released on 12/14/22. We expect to see a new one by December of 2023
- The FCC extended the deadline for all first and second window ECF applications to June 30, 2023. Applicants who had voluntarily reduced commitments prior to the extension were directed to seek waivers to have the original funding commitment restored.
- It is recommended that applicants and Service Providers include a 10% contingency in all Internal Connections 471 applications as a Miscellaneous – Taxes and Fees. This should be initially requested on the Form 470.
- The FCC has issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) regarding an E-Rate bidding Portal. An NPRM contains proposed changes to the Commission’s rules and seeks public comment on these proposals.
- There is heavy discussion around making School Buses eligible likely in 2024