The Office Deployment Tool is a free download from the Microsoft Download Center. We recommend that you always download and use the most current version of the ODT.
After you download the Office Deployment Tool, double-click on the officedeploymenttool executable (.exe) file to extract the ODT files. When you are finished, you should have several files: setup.exe and some sample configuration.xml files.
We have made an XML file for you to modify that you will be able to use and edit. The only lines you will need to edit will be the Product key (PIDkey) if you have it
If you have the product key you will be able to enter it in the PIDKEY,
Replace #####-#####-#####-#####-##### with your MAK client activation key
Once that is done save the .xml file within the folder that contains the setup.exe.
Follow the instructions below:
1. Right click and run the office deployment toolkit (ODT) as an admin, it will ask you where you want to store it, you can install it any location you would like but we just made a folder on the desktop called office
2. Once installed it will install four files, three example xml files and an application called setup. The XML file that you downloaded and edited is named “configuration”, and you will just need to copy that into the office folder
3. Once that is in that folder you will need to open the command prompt and navigate to that folder
4. Once in command prompt, type:
a. cd /d *copy the file path here, it should look something like C:\desktop\office*
b. Once in that folder, to install office run setup.exe /configure configuration.xml and hit enter
5. An office installer should pop up and install office for you